The Prince Edward County Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a traffic complaint near Bloomfield on Nov. 1, resulting in the arrest of two individuals and the seizure of illegal substances and weapons.
At approximately 2 p.m. on Wednesday, OPP officers attended the scene on Loyalist Parkway following a report of a traffic complaint. Upon locating the vehicle in question, a traffic stop was initiated. Subsequent conversations with the driver revealed breaches of imposed conditions, leading to their immediate arrest. A subsequent investigation also led to the apprehension of one of the vehicle’s passengers.
Upon conducting a search of the vehicle, law enforcement discovered significant quantities of suspected fentanyl and cocaine, along with a collapsible baton, cash, and additional drug-related paraphernalia.
Adam Dunn, 28, of Belleville, faced a string of serious charges, including:
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime over $5000
- Possession of a weapon for dangerous purpose
- Failure to comply with release order (five counts)
- Possession of a schedule one substance for the purpose of trafficking – cocaine
- Possession of a schedule one substance for the purpose of trafficking – opioid
Thomas Fox, 37, a resident of Prince Edward County, was charged with failure to comply with a release order, aside from attending court.
Charges have not been proven in court.
Both Dunn and Fox were remanded into custody and were scheduled for a bail hearing at the Ontario Court of Justice in Belleville on Nov. 2.