Winter parking restrictions will come into effect in Carleton Place later this month to ensure efficient winter maintenance operations and enhance road safety. Starting on Nov. 15, 2023 and lasting until April 1, 2024, on-street parking will be strictly prohibited between midnight and 7 a.m., irrespective of weather conditions.
These measures are in line with the Town’s legal obligation to provide safe roadways for the community while adhering to Provincial Minimum Maintenance Standards for streets and sidewalks. To enforce the prohibition, vehicles parked in violation may be ticketed and towed to the public library parking lot at 101 Beckwith Street.
To accommodate residents, the Town has designated seven areas where overnight parking will be allowed from 7 p.m. to 11 a.m. The designated parking areas are as follows:
- Ten spaces at the east end of the Riverside Park parking lot located at the end of John Street.
- Approximately eight spots in the gravel parking lot for Carleton Junction on Coleman Street.
- Approximately 10 to 12 spaces in the gravel area on Cavanagh Road next to the tower and stormwater pond.
- Six spaces in the temporary gravel area at the south end of McNeely Avenue near the trail.
- Approximately 10 to 12 spaces in the Centennial Park Parking Lot on Joseph Street.
- Nine signed spaces adjacent to Judson Street in the Carleton Place Public Library parking lot.
- The entire municipal gravel parking lot at the southerly end of Power Street.
It is essential to note that all vehicles parked in these designated overnight areas must be removed by 11 a.m. the following day to facilitate snow removal operations. Failure to comply may result in ticketing and towing to the Carleton Place Public Library Parking Lot at 101 Beckwith Street.
The Town of Carleton Place appreciates the community’s cooperation and support in adhering to these regulations. For any inquiries or further information, residents are encouraged to contact the Public Works Department at 613-257-2253.